There are many reasons.
1. I don’t spend Christmas at my house. This is the biggest how depressing is it to buy and decorate a tree and then take it down a few days before Christmas when I leave town? Or worse: leave it up for a week while we’re out of town and return home to a forest of leaves. No thank you.
2. We don’t do fake and real is a pain in the ass.
3. Our apartment is 900 sq ft with a ~10x12 living room/dining room. Where the hell am I supposed to PUT a tree?
4. I hate Christmas.
5. The smell of pine needles gives me a headache.
6. My apartment’s lobby puts up lights and pine boughs and menorah. Isn’t that enough?
(41 notes / )